Divorce and Co-Habitation
Jo has been with Churchers since 1990 and became a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives in 1999. She specialises in all aspects of private family law, and her expertise embraces all aspects of marital and relationship breakdown. Jo advises on the financial issues following a separation and where children are involved. She deals with the often emotive subjects of residence and contact.
Additionally, she deals with domestic violence cases, assisting those who unfortunately find themselves in abusive and/or violent relationships. This includes dealing with non molestation proceedings and advising on issues relating to occupation of the family home.
Jo's work is supervised by a partner in the Family team.
- Areas of Expertise Include
- Marital and Relationship Breakdown
- Divorce and Separation
- Resolution of Financial Arrangements on Divorce/Separation
- Domestic Violence
- Injunction Proceedings
- Occupation of Family Home
- Private Law Children Act Proceedings
- Professional Memberships
- Chartered Legal Executives
- Member of the Family Law Accreditation Scheme
- And In Her Spare Time
- Jo is a keen runner and member of the local athletics club. She enjoys gardening, sewing and crafting, and has been known to take on the occasional DIY challenge!
- My clients love what I do
- "I would like to express how thankful and how pleased I am with you professionalism, your knowledge and your advice. At all times through the process I felt that I was in "good hands". You were always available, you were able to explain things in a clear manner, as well as being patient with me when things were difficult and I was not able to come back with the requested information as quickly as desired! And that's outside professionalism. That extra bit leads to the excellence not only as a professional but as a person that I want to express, and that I am so thankful about.
I would like to thank also the team at Churchers that at some point dealt with my case. They all were great, from the receptionists, to your secretary, to the solicitors providing advice on the business side"
"I really am so grateful for all your assistance through this difficult time and cannot thank you enough. It has not been the easiest thing to deal with but you have been an amazing support to me through the whole process. Thank you again so much for all your time, patience and professionalism while dealing with my case."
- "I used Churchers to assist me with a longstanding family matter. From the outset my case was dealt with integrity and confidence. Joanne made me feel at ease and took time to explain everything in a clear and simple manner. Throughout the process I was regularly updated on progress, communications and costs. I was also provided with relevant resources at each stage of the process. At no point was I pressured to make a decision but was supported to make an informed decision based upon honest and personally applicable counsel. I would strongly recommend Churchers Solicitors to anyone needing legal support with a family matter."