Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact Andrew Bryan, our Complaints Partner with details of your complaint. You can write to him at 12 High Street, Fareham, Hants PO16 7BL. Tel: 01329 822333 or email by clicking here . If we have to change any of these arrangements or the timescales set out below we will let you know. Our complaints process adopts such time limits as set by law or the Legal Ombudsman service.
To help us understand your complaint, and to ensure we have all relevant information, please tell us:
- Your full name and contact details
- The nature of your complaint
- Your file reference number (if you have it)
What will happen next?
- Wherever possible, within five days of receiving your complaint we will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain any details. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint.
- We will then record your complaint in our central register and open a file for your complaint. We will investigate your complaint by examining the relevant file and reviewing your complaint with the person to whom the complaint relates.
- The Complaints Partner will write to you setting Churchers’ response to your complaint, including out his views on the issues raised and any offering any redress that he considers to be appropriate. We would hope to be in a position to write to you in this way within 28 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter, but will write to you within 56 days.
- If you are still not satisfied, please let us know. We will then arrange to review our decision. We would generally aim to do this within 21 days.
- If you are remain dissatisfied with Churchers’ response to your complaint, you may contact The Legal Ombudsman,
- By post at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
- By telephone: 0300 555 0333, or
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final written response on your complaint, and within six years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or within three years of you becoming aware of it). but for further information, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at email@example.com.