Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact Andrew Bryan, our Client Care Partner with details of your complaint. You can write to him at 12 High Street, Fareham, Hants PO16 7BL. Tel: 01329 822333 or email by clicking here . If we have to change any of these arrangements or the timescales set out below we will let you know.
To help us understand your complaint, and to ensure we have all relevant information, please tell us:
• Your full name and contact details
• The nature of your complaint
• Your file reference number (if you have it)
What will happen next?
1. Wherever possible, within three days of receiving your complaint we will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain any details. If it seems appropriate we may suggest a meeting at this stage. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint.
2. We will then record your complaint in our central register and open a file for your complaint. We will investigate your complaint by examining the relevant file and speaking to the person to whom the complaint relates.
3. Andrew Bryan will write to you setting out his views on the situation and any redress that he considers to be appropriate. You may be invited to meet Andrew Bryan to discuss and, hopefully, resolve your complaint, or further information may be requested. We would hope to be in a position to write to you in this way within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
4. Within seven days of any meeting we will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions that we have agreed with you. In appropriate cases we could offer an apology, a reduction of any bill or a repayment in relation to any payment received or other appropriate redress.
5. If you are still not satisfied, please let us know. We will then arrange to review our decision. We would generally aim to do this within 10 days.
This will happen in one of the following ways.
• Andrew Bryan will review his own decision
• We will arrange for someone in the firm who has not been involved in your complaint to review it
• Ian Robinson will review your complaint within 10 days.
• We will ask our local law society or another local firm of solicitors to review your complaint. We will let you know how long this process will take
• We will invite you to agree to independent mediation. We will let you know how long this process will take
6. We will let you know the result of the review within five days of the end of the review confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
7. If you are still not satisfied, you can ask the Legal Ombudsman to look into your complaint.
You can contact the Legal Ombudsman:
• By post at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
• By telephone: 0300 555 0333, or
• By email: email@example.com
Any complaint referred to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final written response on your complaint, and within six years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or within three years of you becoming aware of it).
Further details are available on the website: www.legalombudsman.org.uk.
What will it cost?
We will not charge you for handling your complaint.
Please note that if we have issued a bill for work done on the matter, and all or some of the bill is not paid, we may be entitled to charge interest on the amount outstanding.
The Legal Ombudsman service is free of charge.