Partner John Cregan comments: “As lawyers we know how important it is to decide certain things in advance, get them down on paper, and plan these things properly.”
The research, done as part of the British Public Attitudes Survey and based on thousands of interviews revealed that
- Only one in three people have a will.
- Only one person in four has registered for organ donation.
- Only one in twenty has an advance care plan, setting out how they would want to be cared for if incapacitated.
- Only one in ten people has made a plan for their funeral.
- Almost seven out of ten people admitted they had never discussed anything about wills or funerals with anybody.
John comments: “We really do urge people to deal with these issues in advance. It puts you in control, provides certainty for you and your loved ones and ensures your assets are disposed of in accordance with your wishes.”
If you feel you would like to start the process, call John or Faye Evans on 02392 820747 for further information.