This costs estimate information is provided in respect of debt recovery up to a value of £100,000.00 where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not required.
If the other party disputes your claim at any point we will discuss any further work required and provide you with a revised costs estimate if necessary, which could be on a further fixed fee e.g. if a further one off letter is required, or an hourly rate if more extensive work is necessary. The fixed fee is £400.00 plus VAT of £80.00, totalling £480.00 and covers the following:
- taking your instructions and reviewing documentation;
- undertaking appropriate searches;
- sending a letter before action; and,
- receiving any payment and sending on to you.
Should there be no response to the letter before action, for a further fixed fee of £500.00 plus VAT of £100.00, totalling £600.00, we will:
- draft the claim form and particulars of claim;
- issue the claim at court;
- where no acknowledgement of service or defence is received, applying to the court to enter judgement in default of a defence;
- when judgement in default is received, writing to the other side to request payment;
- if payment is not received within 14 days or the time specified in the judgment, whichever is longer, providing you with advice on the next step and likely costs.
Our fixed fees do not include any disbursements, in particular the court fee for issuing a claim.
Please also note that anyone wishing to proceed with a claim that:
- if the amount claimed is £10,000.00 or less you cannot recover any legal fees from the other party, even if your claim is successful.
- interest and any compensation claimable may take the debt into higher banding with additional costs. Should this occur we will provide you with a revised costs estimate.
- the costs quoted do not cover any enforcement action, such as instructing the bailiffs or the Sheriff, if they are required to collect your debt.
Please note the fixed fee is based on a straight forward undefended debt recovery matter and a revised costs estimate will be provided to you upon review of the documentation, if the matter falls outside the scope of the above estimate.
Matters usually take between 3 to 6 months from taking your instructions to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim at Court. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of judgement in default. If the claim is disputed and/or enforcement action is required the matter will take longer to resolve.